Ecological Impact Assessment
- Provision of ecological assessment for Environmental Impact Assessment, including forestry, hydro-electric, road and rail, forestry, housing and industrial development; and
- Specialists in development of mitigation measures, such as modification of proposals to reduce impacts on habitats/species, engineering solutions, creation of new habitats and habitat restoration following development.
Specialist surveys of species with enhanced statutory protection and conservation significance, including: birds, mammals (e.g. bats, bees etcs) squirrel , amphibians and reptiles, etcs.
Provision of ArcView GIS to enable geographic processing, storage and illustration of data.
Environmental Management Plans (EMP)
We also compile EMPs to manage and rehabilitate the environmental impacts of the developments. We compile EMPs that outline mitigation strategies for significant/possible impacts of developments for both existing and new developments. The EMP serves as the guideline document throughout the lifetime of the projects. It is used from the planning stage to the decommissioning stage of the specific development(s).
Environmental Management Programmes
We develop Environmental Management Programmes that serve to prescribe mitigation measures designed to reduce, limit, and/or eliminate the significant development impacts to acceptable/insignificant levels during the course of the development particularly in the mining industry. Such program reports are conveyed to contractors and people responsible for construction, operation and decommissioning phases of the developments.
Our services include Environmental Monitoring that involves the evaluation of the compliance conditions to the EIA reports, Scoping Reports etc. This is done to ensure that all stages of the development are done as outlined in the approved Scoping Report, EMP, etcs. Monitoring is an on-going process which covers the life cycle of the development project.
Waste Management and Land Fill
We also conduct specialized Environmental Assessments and Management Planning for special projects such as Waste Management and Landfill Sites. The introduction of waste substances that cause detrimental effects to the environment requires development of waste management strategies. We also prepare the Waste Management Plans, EIA for land fill sites, recycling centre etc. We have specialist expertise in developing measures to minimise the production of pollutants; pollution prevention; managing pollution; and the waste control on the receiving environments (land fill sites).
Geographic Information System
Geographic Information System tool are computer based software programmes that are used to interpret, analyse, manage and present information from the real world phenomena in time and space. We use the GIS tools at multi-level from basic production locality maps, land use maps, topographical maps, geological maps etc. to construction of environmental modelling.
Consulting – The specialist consulting services we provide include:
- Undertaking of Basic Environmental Assessments and Environmental Impact Assessments (EIAs)
- Strategic Environmental Assessment
- Environmental Management Framework
- Environmental authorisations
- Landfill Permitting
- Water Use application
- Waste management consulting services
- Integrated Water and Waste Management Plan
- Provision of expert enviro-legal advice
- Public participation and community consultation
- Public accountability
- Facilitation of public meetings
- Environmental Management Plan
- Environmental Monitoring
- Mineral Rights application
- Environmental Risk Assessment
- Environmental education and training
- Sustainable development
- Capacity building and skills audits
- Geographical Information System (GIS)
- Water Catchments Management
- Feasibility study
- Social Impact Assessments.
Source: Ayodele Otaiku, 2016 ARATI Biorestore Technologies ® = Efficacy + Efficiency + Bio-ethanol from Post Remediation ecology
Niger Delta Biorestore PC3R Technology® Protocol for Hydrocarbon Pollution Ecosystem Solutions
- Efficacy: This is the demonstration of the treatment related to biological nature of pollutant disappearance during a bioremediation process.
- Efficiency: This refers to the optimization of the ratio of expenditures such as, i.e.., time, money, energy use, waste production or new pollution to
benefits such as, e.g., clean up levels achieved, re-establishment of the original structure and function of the site matrix, quality and suitability of the
formerly contaminated area for reuse (re-vegetation & Biofuel production in Niger Delta)
3. PC3R Technology (Pollution control, Remediation, Restoration and Reuse).